Sunday, September 5, 2010

The double deuce.

I've got to cut back on the h-star references. You people are gonna think I'm a one trick pony. Or a three man one-y... 3-to-1 marny?

I met Chris today. He was visiting our church. We met after the service at lunch. He was a really clean cut guy. It was a bit surprising when he asked me if I'd seen Scott Pilgrim. I haven't, by the way. I'm really sad to admit that. Chris was going on and on about how great the movie was and how it spoke directly to our generation. He talked about how tragic it was that there's not enough box office support to encourage filmmakers to make more movies in kind. I agreed with him, and told him it was sad. I wasn't referring to my disgust at the commercialization of modern cinema. I was saddened by my assumptions about Chris. I figured, because he was well dressed and had a nice coif, that we couldn't possibly have anything in common. I am an 8 year old, evidently. I don't know if I'll ever learn that I can't judge a person by their appearance. Anyway, Chris and I did have a lot in common and had a great little conversation. He seems like a good guy. I'm just glad I talked to him. I could have allowed my stupid preconceptions to rob me of a good meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment