Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 45

I met a group of people today. You know what that means! Time to break out the Bisiwig! *spins Bisiwig* Alright, c'mon, no whammies, no whammies! Daddy needs a new line of reversible outerwear! ...Hmmm. John, eh? Ok, Bisiwig. You know best.


I met John tonight at his drum lesson. I was subbing for his normal teacher. Some of my readers may be troubled to hear that I, a self-professed drummer in fugue, was teaching someone about an instrument that I'm not actively playing. Your concerns are understandable. However, may I remind you of what happens to those who can't do? They teach. That in mind I was perfect for the job! Moving on. John had been taking lessons for a few years with the same teacher. Needless to say, he was a little uncomfortable with someone new. I was surprised at how embarrassed he was when he messed up a beat. I was surprised because John is up in years. I just assume that anyone over 50 is immune to embarrassment. He calmed down after I reminded him that I couldn't help him improve unless he made mistakes. The rest of the lesson went pretty smoothly. Afterwards, I found out that he's a computer programmer. Even though his work gets in the way of his drumming, he still makes time to play as much as he can. I want to have that attitude. In an earlier post I whined about not playing drums as much as I like. I should play when I can and be content with that. My life is far too good to allow nonsense like that to get me down.

1 comment:

  1. I read all your posts today. I should think it will consume a lot less time if I bite off smaller chunks.

    ReplyDelete