Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 34

Today was, if there is such a thing, the antithesis of a red letter day. I forgot I had a meeting, went to the wrong location when reminded about said meeting, and arrived too late to the correct location to be any benefit. However, I did meet someone when I went to the wrong location. His name was George. It went something like this.


George is a former Navy man. I know the dangers of painting with a broad brush, but I have an immense amount of respect and gratitude for anyone who serves our country. George was a really kind, older man. He talked about his family being a military family (all the way back to his mother having grown up with a cavalry regiment. That's officially 'holy crap' old.). We didn't talk long, but we did talk for a while on the subject of secretive jobs. George, evidently, had a secret-ish occupation. All he could tell me was he worked in, intelligence." 'Nuf said. I asked him about how he talked about his job when he was younger. Evidently the phrase, "if I told you, I'd have to kill you," is not a modern invention. It was nice to meet George. The 'wrong location' was someone's house who was clearly not home. George was being protective when he introduced himself. It was a bit reassuring to think that there are people like George looking out for us.

All in all, not a terrible day.

No comments:

Post a Comment