Monday, September 13, 2010

The big 3-0

Happy 30th, you big, beautiful blog! You've done me proud.

I met Luke tonight. He's a stock guy at a local music shop. He's also a recording student. I was surprised to hear he was a junior because of how young he looked. Then I realized he looks EXACTLY the age of a junior in college, I'm just old. In fact, he's just about the age I was when I started playing music full time. Luke just started building his studio, and he seemed a bit nervous about it. The task of buying recording equipment is pretty daunting, mostly because of how expensive it can get. I wish him the best.

Talking to him made me miss being a musician. Maybe it was hearing the beginning of Luke's recording career. Maybe it was because we were having the conversation in a music store. I don't know. All I know is that I miss playing.

Drummer for hire. Will play for cheap.

1 comment:

  1. you can play with us anytime that... you can play with us.

    glad I could help with the project.

    ~brennan

    ReplyDelete