Sunday, September 19, 2010

3 and 6

I met someone today, but I'll warn you in advance, it was a shallow meeting. Yvonne was at our church today. We shook hands and exchanged pleasantries. That's about the whole of it. Not much to report. So, I've decided to use this slightly dry day to do a bit of emotional inventory. Just to see what this project's effect has been thus far.

I'm better than a month into this thing and I'm already noticing some changes. There have been some surprisingly negative effects. For a couple of weeks I met people for the sole purpose of writing about them. That's pretty much the reverse of what this project is meant to do. I corrected that as soon as I recognized the problem, but that's a pretty huge momentum breaker in regards to personal social revival. I have noticed some positive response as well. For starters, even if it was to write about them, I've begun to open my eyes to people around me. Whereas before I started this project I'd walk around with my eyes on my feet, I've begun to look around when I'm outside my domicile. Even with poor motivation, that's a beneficial way to view the world.

I thank all of you who have followed me on this journey. I hope you'll continue to be there with me as I try to retrain my social instincts against the well of antisocial sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment