Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 113

I recently made it back outside. The days and nights since my daughter was born have run together. The past week may have been one day, I'm not sure. Some interesting math occurs when you have a second child. I reckoned that we had added a child to our family with Charis. In actuality, we've experienced exponential growth. Those of you with multiple children know what I mean. I'm busier than I've ever been in my life. I've also never been happier.


I've met a few folks since my last post. First was Matt. I sold him a couple of my old video games. Matt and I have something in common; we're both crazy fans of Mega Man. Our commonality ends at the interest, though. Matt is a true fanatic. He's got a massive collection of memorabilia as well as signatures from the creator. I'm kind of a fan of Matt, now.


I met Judy while doing some Christmas shopping. We talked about the size of our children, oddly enough. Both of my kids have been fairly average sized. Judy, however, shot the spectrum. Her first child was born premature at 4 lbs. which is light by anyone's standards. Her second was a whopping 11 pounder. To put that into perspective, Charis will likely be 3 months old before she weighs that much. That's what you call an over-achiever.


I met Don when we went to the Christmas tree farm. He helped me tie our tree to the car. Don asked me how difficult it was to raise two kids. He was curious because he'd just found out that he was going to be the father of twins. If, for some reason I'd been curious as to the creation of children, I'd not have been curious after this conversation. Don informed me. In gross detail. I'll let you fill in the details. He didn't give me that luxury. That was a short, strange, awkward conversation. 

1 comment: