Sunday, November 21, 2010

Yes. Math.

So, I've done a bit of figuring, and it would appear that I've met and blogged about 68 people in the 99 days since I began this blog. I've set the goal back a bit due to my recent hiatus. However, I think there's a way to salvage some semblance of my original intention of meeting 365 people in one year. First, I'll write about a few people I've met while I was on my blogging break. Secondly, I'm going to retire the Bisiwig for the time being. This means that when I meet multiple people, I'll blog about each. This means that the posts for at least the next few weeks will be a bit longer than usual. Sorry, guys. I know, I know. I'll try to keep it as short and interesting as possible. So, let's get to it, shall we?


Among the people I met while on break was Allison. She lives close to our church and has visited there a few times. I felt miserable because I'd forgotten meeting her back in the Spring. So, when she visited a few weeks ago, I introduced myself only to hear the worst thing you can hear upon meeting someone; "Hi, yeah. I've already met you." Doh! What's interesting is that the week after I did this, she'd forgotten my name as well. I figure we're even.


I also met Evelyn and Francis. They were shopping together with, "volunteer," badges on. I asked what they volunteered for, and they informed me that they host Bible studies at retirement homes and have for years. The trick is, these volunteers were AT LEAST 80 years old apiece. This put them as older than most of the people they volunteered for. I'm not making assumptions, here. They told me so. That's hilarious and inspiring, which I think is a great combination. An ultra combo, for my Killer Instinct people out there.


The combo breaker, I suppose, is that this post is getting long. I've got more people to write about, but I'll save them for another day. Thanks to everyone who stuck it out through the drought. I'll have more for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment